It’s time to update this pom-pom chandelier submit from 9 years back, a person of the to start with that went “viral” on my weblog in 2013. The cause I wanted to update this article in specific right now is mainly because this chandelier was motivated by classic Polish chandeliers known as Pujaki (made from paper) and I actually want to emphasize and honor the outstanding nation of Poland and rejoice their men and women and their traditions. We are ending the 2nd week of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and Poland has now taken above a million displaced Ukranians in a show of compassion and solidarity. This is how we increase to support some others in need. I want we would do additional of this when the refugees are Brown or Black, but I am hopeful that Poland’s act of generosity will spark very similar actions to refugees of all shades in the future.
In Poland, peasants utilised to make these Pujakis in the course of the winter season months in preparation for their largest holiday break, Xmas! While ordinarily made from paper and straw, mine was designed from pom-poms since I am obsessed with these fluffy tiny men.
Read through on to locate out the products I utilised, and how I designed this pom-pom chandelier.
Provides needed for Pom-pom Pujaki
~ Embroidery hoop (mine was 8″ diameter)
~ Ribbon to wrap all over the hoop, I made use of black striped grosgrain (or depart it simple)
~ Pom-pom makers (optional, you can make pom-poms any way you typically do)
~ Fantastic scissors
~ Embroidery floss or thick yarn that can in good shape by way of the needle (I applied a metallic string that was tough to do the job with, I would not propose it)
How to make a Pom-pom Pujaki
This project is considerably of a problem. I connect with it a labor of enjoy. It just will take a small time, and then a little engineering. Not at all difficult, you just want time and patience.
1. Make lots of pom-poms. I designed 54 for this chandelier in numerous dimensions. I selected 6 distinct shades and white (or far more like cream) to act as a rest for the eye. I utilised pom-pom makers which make items really straightforward, but you can use whichever strategy you favor. The pom-pom maker kit will come with guidelines, but you get the concept from the images.
2. Upcoming, lay out your pom-poms in the purchase that you like. I used three distinctive dimensions. I also measured and marked the hoop lightly with a pen so I would know accurately where by to attach them.
3. So considerably, pretty uncomplicated. But now will come the difficult part. Starting off with the greatest pom-pom, thrust your needle diligently by each individual a single. When you get to the smallest, loop the needle as a result of the reserve ring, and then back down all of the pom-poms. Depart a lengthy tail at the finish, about a foot. You will use this to attach to the hoop. Make guaranteed that each individual of the six strands is precisely the same length. You can compare just about every with the up coming as you go.
4. When all six strands are looped through the ring, dangle the ring up on the ceiling. Now it is time to connect the strands to the hoop. Re-thread the needle (now you will have two strings to thread). Wrap the string all over the hoop and then safe it by likely back via the pom-pom. Following you really feel that it’s tight sufficient, trim the string. Subsequent, connect the strand reverse from the to start with a person you just did. The hoop should now be safe. Go forward and attach all of them. I employed a little bit of cloth glue on the inside of just to double protected the string.
5. Now minimize six pieces of string that are about 4 ft extensive. Consider the middle of each piece and loop it close to the hoop at the location the place the 6 pom-poms satisfy the hoop. Make a couple knots. Now there ought to be six double strings hanging down.
6. One by a person, thread the two finishes into the needle. Once more, thrust the needle very carefully by means of the four dangling pom-poms. When you’ve arrived at the very last one, safe the thread by likely back again through the bottom pom-pom. Trim the string.
Now you are accomplished! There are probably a lot of distinctive means to get this done, so if you find a much better way, by all means do whichever you think will work finest. This is just the way I did it.
I appreciate our boho-stylish Pujaki!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this write-up? Right here are some additional suggestions with pom-poms: