This weekend I was encouraged by 1 of the prompts in our February Creative imagination Job guide, appropriately named Friendship and centered about love, kindness, and connection. The prompt is a very simple invitation with watercolors and pastels, and the options are infinite.
These hearts are channeling a minor Jim Dine, who explored relationships of colour, texture and composition as a result of the coronary heart form.
Materials for Watercolor and Pastel Valentines:
~ Watercolor paper (I stock 90lb 18 X 24 paper that I can slice down when wanted)
~ Watercolors (any kind will function, I used acryla-guache paints that are in tubes but you can use standard palette watercolors)
~ Paint brush and glass of water
How to make Watercolor and Pastel Valentines:
1. Slash your paper down if you require to. I experienced massive sheets that I calculated out and tore employing a big ruler. My closing measurement is about 4 X 5 inches.
2. Sketch a heart on every card with a pencil.
3. Paint your hearts. I performed close to with applying colours in the very same household (blue/inexperienced, pink/pink, red/orang) and also contrasting colors (yellow/purple, red/inexperienced).
4. When they are dry (you may need to have to bend them to flatten, they can curl when drying) use chalk pastels on best to spotlight and brighten pieces of the heart and history. I appreciated applying highlights and then darker shades to make the hearts really feel 3-dimentional.
This watercolor + chalk pastel thought can be even more open-finished for young small children. Just set out more substantial paper with the watercolors and enable them paint what ever they opt for. Then bring out the chalk pastels when dry and allow them take a look at including additional coloration on major.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this submit? Right here are much more do-it-yourself Valentine strategies: